Patient Centricity in Developing Strategies for Trial Execution
Venue: Hyatt Regency Bethesda
|Event Date/Time: Oct 21, 2013 / 10:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: Oct 22, 2013 / 5:00 pm - (EST)|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 20, 2013|
Some of the biggest challenges of delivering a successful clinical study are identifying, measuring and understanding the flow of a per protocol patient segment as it exists in the real world. This is important for selecting both the number and kind of clinical sites needed to deliver the required number of patients at the agreed recruitment rate. Understanding patient segmentation helps shape and informs your patient recruitment and retention strategy. Developing this strategy with the patient at the center is key to a successful clinical study. Patient centricity in clinical trials is at the forefront of clinical research excellence and innovation today, allowing companies to better leverage online communities, telemedicine, mHealth, EMRs and virtual trials to increase clinical trial efficiency. This conference covers how the characterization of patient segments, data-driven site selection, optimized feasibility assessment and implementation of patient-centric trial planning are improving cycle time predictability and efficient execution.
- Marisa Co, President, National Research Institute; former Executive Director, R&D Finance, Amgen
- Jane Perlmutter, Ph.D., MBA, President and Founder, Gemini Group; Steering Committee Member, Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative (CTTI)
- Sameer Tandon, Group Head, Outsourcing, Sourcing, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Jackie Kent, Director, Clinical Development Information & Optimization (CDIO), Eli Lilly and Company
- Jill VanDalfsen, Director of Operations, Therapeutics Development Network Coordinating Center (TDNCC)
- Cindy George, Director, Clinical Research Resources, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Christopher Dowd, Clinical Research Program Manager, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Nicole Burgeson, Site Director, RxTrials
- Les Jebson, Director, University of Florida - Pathology, University of Florida Academic Health Center
- David Beyer, Vice President, Patients Know Best
- Stella Stergiopoulos, Project Manager, Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Bill Gwinn, MBA, Vice President, Clinical Informatics Solutions, OptumInsight
- Christine Dehner, Senior Clinical Trial Manager, Clinical Ops, Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Marta Fields, Director, Compliance and Quality Systems, Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- Adam Chasse, COO, RxTrials
- Robin DeMent, Vice President, R&D-IT, Medicines Development Capabilities, GlaxoSmithKline
- Tania Bojanowski, Director, Development Operations & Strategic Planning, sanofi oncology