Pediatric and Adult Autism, ADHD, and other Behavior Disorders
|Event Date/Time: Jun 03, 2013||End Date/Time: Jun 14, 2013|
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)â„¢ 14 Contact Hours Course Fee Physicians $695 All Others - Course Fee $450 Plus the cost of the cruise
Family Physicians, Nurses, NPs, PAs
Program Purpose / Objectives
Statement of Purpose: To update practitioners and their office personnel on current diagnosis and management of behavioral conditions and issues in children and adolescents.
- Understand the concept of developmental disabilities in children and have a context for diagnosis and management
- Appreciate the vulnerability of premature infants and the neurodevelopmental consequences
- Have an improved understanding of cerebral palsy and the complexities of management
- Appreciate environmental factors that can affect the health and development of children
- Recognize that children who grow up in low income and underserved communities are more vulnerable to adverse environmental factors and more likely to have difficulties with development, learning and behavior
- Learn about how the school environment can affect learning and performance
- Learn about medical complications and management of the of children with developmental disabilities
- Determine and implement the multimodal treatment s of ADHD
- Employ ADHD screening practices for adults with ADHD
- Describe the medical problems co-occurring with autism in childhood
- Explain the impact of autism and other special needs on the family, including siblings, parents and grandparents
- Implement screening for Asperger’s disorder in their practices
- Identify common behaviors in childhood and develop treatment strategies for them.
Conference Sessions generally take place during the days at sea (as cruise itinerary allows) to avoid conflicts with Ports of Call or evening entertainment.