Pediatric Critical Care Nursing
Organization: Contemporary Forums
Venue: Paris Las Vegas
|Event Date/Time: Oct 27, 2013 / 7:00 am - (PST)||End Date/Time: Oct 30, 2013 / 11:45 pm - (PST)|
Join us at the 29th Annual Pediatric Critical Care Nursing Conference, where clinical experts will provide insight and the perspective of their years of experience to help you navigate challenges you're facing now and anticipating in the near future. What are some new technologies being used to better assess, monitor and treat pediatric patients? Is research on sepsis providing information to improve outcomes? Have the benefits and risks of therapeutic hypothermia been more clearly defined? We hope your participation in this conference will help you answer these and many other questions, and positively impact the care you provide to the critically ill children for whom you care.
Mark your calendar, invite a colleague to join you, and plan on a unique learning experience.
Highlights of the 2013 Conference Include: Two new Preconferences!
- Advanced Pediatric Pathophysiology: taking an in-depth look at a variety of disease processes including pulmonary vascular disease and traumatic brain injury, as well as new lab values and biomarkers.
- Pediatric Critical Care Pharmacology: focusing on medication challenges such as sedation withdrawal and anticoagulation.
A number of "hot topics," issues you frequently deal with in your clinical setting, addressed in a variety of teaching styles including didactic sessions, faculty panels, concurrent sessions and interactive case study discussions.
Leaders in the field of pediatric critical care who will enthusiastically share their knowledge and provide guidance to work through challenging clinical dilemmas.Viva Las Vegas ...it’s impossible to resist the excitement!
A Disneyland for adults? You bet … and Las Vegas is so much more! Dine at restaurants inspired by the world’s greatest collection of chefs - Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay and Thomas Keller, just to name a few. Treat yourself to a world-class show, including a choice of five Cirque du Soleil productions, the Blue Man Group and Jersey Boys. Make sure to also consider the variety of well-known headliners from the worlds of music, comedy and magic performing during your stay.Conference Objectives
This conference will enable the experienced pediatric nurse to:
- Accurately assess the critically ill and injured pediatric patient, effectively communicate with the team, and appropriately intervene to optimize outcomes.
- Discuss and raise awareness of current research studies in the pediatric population, including the potential impact of research findings on bedside care.
- Describe advances in resuscitation, therapeutic hypothermia, monitoring techniques, and sedation and pain management.
- Identify etiology, prevention strategies and treatment options for potential short-term and long-term complications of critical illnesses in children.
Anyone involved in the care of critically ill or injured children.
If you are a:
- Staff Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Educator or Instructor
- Trauma Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Manager
- Transport Nurse
- Case Manager
If you work in a:
- Pediatric ICU
- Adult/Mixed ICU
- Surgery/Surgical Unit
- Cardiovascular/Cardiology Unit
- General Pediatric Unit
- Emergency/Trauma Unit
- Neonatal ICU
...this conference is for you!
Pls call Contemporary Forums today at 800-377-7707 for early registration. See you there!