Philosophy: the New Generation. Experience and its Interpretations
Organization: The Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies of National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla academy”
|Event Date/Time: Mar 20, 2014||End Date/Time: Mar 21, 2014|
|Registration Date: Feb 05, 2014|
|Abstract Submission Date: Feb 05, 2014|
The Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
of National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla academy”
invites undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students to participate
in the 9th interdisciplinary conference
“Philosophy: the New Generation. Experience and its Interpretations”
to be held on March 20–21, 2014 in NaUKMA
The importance of human experience should not be underestimated: it is the source of knowledge, the way of orientation in the world and discerning true from false. Nevertheless, experience itself remains a very complex issue in need of profound philosophical think-over. Is it worth relying on? Can we consider it something universal? Are there different forms of experience? If so, how do they differ and benefit science and people?
During the conference we expect to discuss these and other issues connected to experience, humanities and science. Specifically, working in groups and roundtable discussions, we plan to confer the following aspects of experience:
1. Epistemological. Sensual perception as a source of knowledge_. The bias of experience based knowledge and the challenge of inductive reasoning. Experience and issues of scientific methodology.
2. Social and anthropological. Experience of the Other and intersubjectivity. Experience and social interaction. Experience of the Alien: rejection, borrowing, exploiting and extending. Social experience: theory and practice.
3. Aesthetical. Experience and art. The problem of expression and commonalization. Interpretation of artwork and prejudices. A piece of art: participation and presence.
4. History of philosophy. Historical types of the philosophy of experience. Empiricism and rationalism. Nativism and its consequences. The matter of experience in hermeneutic, phenomenological and existential traditions.
5. Religious studies. Specific character of mystical intuition experience. Numinous, sacred and profane experience. A posteriori proofs of God's existence. Transpersonal experience and psychotechnics in traditional and new religious movements.
In order to participate in the conference, please fill in the application form (which is added below) and send it along with the abstract to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Conference2014” in the subject field of your letter. Application letters should be sent by February 5, 2014.
_Working languages are Ukrainian, Russian and English.
The organizing committee reserves the right to select the applicants.
_Conference materials are expected to be published.
Accommodation and food expenses are not covered. However, we might be able to assist participants in securing accommodation at reasonable rates near the conference venue.
The requirements for the abstracts and application forms are as follows:
· application form and abstract should be sent as separate files;
· volume of abstract: up to 4500 characters including spaces;
· Times New Roman font, size 12, 1.5 spacing;
· MS Word text format (.doc extension);
· standard margins;
· abstract file must contain the author's name, institution, department and specialty at the beginning of the text, as well as the name of the report (centered);
· file names of abstracts and application forms are to be as follows: x_tezy.doc and x_anketa.doc respectively, where x is the author's surname in Latin letters.
· references should be as follows: [McInerny 1998, P. 74];
· bibliography is to be arranged alphabetically.
For more information please visit our website:
Alisa Demina, +38096 615 72 33
Oxana Slobodyan, +38097 448 22 83
The application form for participation in the conference:
“Philosophy: the New Generation.
Experience and its interpretations”
(Kyiv, NaUKMA, 20th – 21st March, 2014)
Name & Surname ______________________________________________________________
Educational institution name ___________________________________________________
Program of study, year of study, department______________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
The subject of address / report __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The short abstract of your report _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
cell phone number ______________________________________________________________
office phone number ____________________________________________________________
mailing address of your institution, fax_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Do you require lodging to be provided to you for the time of the conference? (yes/no) _____