SCIENCE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT CONFERENCE 2015
Organization: DCE - Danish Centre for Environment and Energy
Venue: Scandic City Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Oct 01, 2015 / 9:00 am - (GMT +1:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Oct 02, 2015 / 4:00 pm - (GMT +1:00 hours)|
|Registration Date: Sep 15, 2015|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 01, 2015|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 01, 2015|
Environmental monitoring and assessment is fundamental to the understanding of our ecosystems, to prevent adverse effects on ecosystems and human health, as a basis for policies, and as a tool to follow the outcome of regulations. DCE, Aarhus University has a long tradition in combining monitoring and research to inform poli-cy-making, both nationally and internationally. Together with Partnership for Euro-pean Environmental Research (PEER), Aarhus University would like to invite re-searchers and practitioners to discuss the future challenges and opportunities for environmental monitoring and assessment, with the aim of:
- Discussing and sharing ideas on future methods and technologies
- Document and discuss the value of combining research and monitoring
- Strengthen the chain from monitoring and assessment to environmental policies, regulation and management.
- Strengthen an interdisciplinary, joint international and integrated approach.
Some of the main questions are:
- How to best evolve environmental monitoring, in order to make use of new and smart technologies for improved and cost-effective monitoring?
- How do we assess and document the value of data and knowledge of environmen-tal ecosystems?