Southern California Diversity IN Leadership Conference
Organization: JPR Leadership Consulting
Venue: Hyatt Regency Long Beach
|Event Date/Time: Oct 23, 2014 / 4:00 pm - (PST)||End Date/Time: Oct 24, 2014 / 6:01 pm - (PST)|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 30, 2014||Time: 00:00:00 - (PST)|
Call for Abstracts Southern California Diversity IN Leadership Conference
October 23-24, 2014, Long Beach, California
JPR Leadership Consulting will hold the Diversity IN Leadership Conference in Long Beach, California, during the city’s cultural diversity month. Both academics and practitioners are invited to submit abstracts. We especially encourage the submission of abstracts on topics related (but not limited) to:
· Women in leadership,
· Global perspectives on leadership,
· Employment law and the benefit to HRM,
· Technology and diversity,
· Cultural competency and leadership,
· How educators contribute to diversity in leadership,
· The state of disabled workers and inclusion practices,
· LGBTQIA topics related to leadership and diversity in business,
· Best practices for inclusion-the corporate perspective,
· Nonprofit management on diversity in leadership,
· Law concepts and diversity, leadership
· Company culture and diversity and/or the employer’s perspective on diversity.
Regardless of the topic, preference is given to abstracts that fit in one of four frameworks:
· Business Framework – provides education and practical tools that will help businesses across different industries handle the competitive and ever changing workforce while promoting diversity in leadership as an organizational strength.
· Cultural Framework- provides education and practical tools that will strategically mitigate those communication barriers and increase respect /sensitivity in the workplace while helping individuals embrace their individuality and life experiences as an intricate piece of the whole.
· Legal Framework –provides education and practical tools that will empower employers and employees on the many employment laws that affect business functioning.
· Technology Framework-provides education and practical tools that will assist agencies in selecting and training a strong employee base that is reflective of the community and our countries in order to strategically close the ethnic, cultural and gender gaps in leadership that exist across industries utilizing the latest technological advancements.
Open Submission Deadline: July 30, 2014. Submission: Can be in workshop, paper or in poster form and must not exceed 1 hour:
· Paper: An oral presentation by one or more individuals highlighting a professional or research initiative.
· Poster: A poster or other visual representation of a professional or research initiative.
· Workshop: An interactive presentation engaging participants in a group-based discussion.
Special Sessions and Panels: Persons interested in organizing a Special Session or Panel should submit a letter of interest, along with a short bio to the conference chair at .