Targeting Ocular Disorders
Venue: Seaport World Trade Center
|Event Date/Time: Sep 26, 2013||End Date/Time: Sep 27, 2013|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 16, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Date: Aug 16, 2013|
With the aging of the population, the need for treatments of ocular diseases and disorders has become more critical than ever. Increasingly high incidences of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and ocular inflammatory diseases demand better, more effective and innovative treatments. If we are to maintain the quality of life for these people, the preservation of vision is critical. This conference will address drug targeting, novel and emerging treatments, along with novel and emerging pathways that hold promise in treating these crippling conditions.
- Dhananjay Jere, Ph.D., Group Leader, PTDE, Hoffmann-La Roche
- Val Shestopalov, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Ophthalmology
- Justin Scheer, Ph.D., Scientist, Protein Chemistry, Genentech, Inc.
- Guillaume Pfefer, President & CEO, Kala Pharmaceuticals
- Dana Ault-Richie, Ph.D., CEO, Reflexion Pharma
- Mohammed El-Kalay, Ph.D., Research and Development, EyeCyte, Inc.
- David Sherris, Ph.D., CEO, Paloma Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Nebojsa Janjic, Ph.D., CSO, R&D, SomaLogic, Inc.
- Rogier Smits, Ph.D., Managing Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Griffin Discoveries BV
- Eric Thorin, Ph.D., Chief Development Officer, Gene Signal International, SA
- David A. Antonetti, Ph.D., Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan
- Michael Burr, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Moran Eye Center, University of Utah
- Uday B. Kompella, Ph.D., Director, Kompella Lab, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Eric Furfine, Ph.D., President of R & D, Eleven Biotherapeutics
- Haoyu Mao, Ph.D., Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida College of Medicine
- Olga Volpert, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University