Thalassemia International Federation World Congress (TIF2013) (TIF 2013)
Organization: SITA, SBKF, TIF and ETS
|Event Date/Time: Oct 20, 2013||End Date/Time: Oct 23, 2013|
The TIF World Congress - Abu Dhabi 2013 promises to be the greatest and most important scientific congress in the field of Thalassemia and Hemoglobinopathies. Over 1,500 health professionals, Thalassemia patients, parents, academics and industry will gather for a four day packed program for the exchange of knowledge, ideas and experiences from people of all walks of life and to discuss avenues of action to tackle the growing public health burden of chronic and rare diseases in the world.
The scientific program will cover all aspects of prevention, management and care of Thalassemia and sickle cell disease, and a one day patients' program including lots of opportunities for interaction and debates.
TIF 2013 Overview:
- 4 days of educational and networking events.
- High end keynote sessions, symposia, forums, debates & patient focused presentations.
- World renowned keynote speakers.
- International experts, distinguished regional and local faculty.
- Abstract and poster sessions.
- Industry symposia.
- Medical exhibition.
- Patient networking and educational forums.
- Public awareness presentations.
- Guidelines for the development and management of Thalassemia day care & reference centers.
- Optimal care of Thalassemia & Hemoglobinopathies patients in the emergency room.
- Quality of life of Thalassemia patients with progress in new iron chelation protocols.
- Challenges in managing adult and geriatric patients with Thalassemia & Hemoglobinopathies.
- Patient communications tools and professional networking to improve access and care.
- Progress in stem cell transplantation and gene therapy for Thalassemia.
- Prevention of Thalassemia and other Hemoglobin disorders with special references to problems in developing countries.