The Evidence Based Reimbursement Summit
Venue: Hyatt Regency Bethesda
|Event Date/Time: Oct 21, 2013||End Date/Time: Oct 23, 2013|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 20, 2013|
Part 1: Generating Evidence for Reimbursement Decisions: Therapeutics Integrating Payer's Perspective into Product Development: It is important to formulate goals for generating, collecting, and analyzing reimbursement evidence early in product development in order to ensure commercial success of a drug or a biologic. We are witnessing the emergence of a new integrated strategy while the biopharmaceutical industry is partnering up with payers to develop evidence of a product's validity and utility, as well as comparative clinical and cost effectiveness. The second annual Generating Evidence for Reimbursement Decisions: Therapeutics conference is designed to bring together all major stakeholders in the field of evidence-based reimbursement such as clinical development experts, reimbursement and government affairs specialists, health care economists and payers. The conference will be directly followed by the second annual Generating Evidence for Reimbursement Decisions: Diagnostics conference, with a shared session on Evidence-Based Reimbursement in Personalized Medicine/Companion Diagnostics bringing the two audiences together. Part 2: Generating Evidence for Reimbursement Decisions: Diagnostics Establishing the Value of a Test: Achieving commercial success for an IVD product or a device is becoming progressively more difficult in the current healthcare environment. The combination of tightening a health care budget and the launch of a large number of expensive molecular tests creates complications for payers to respond in traditional ways. Recent changes to the CPT coding system complicate the situation even more. Comprehensive clinical data demonstrating clinical utility and medical value have increasingly become the condition of getting a test reimbursed. The second annual Generating Evidence for Reimbursement Decisions: Diagnostics conference is designed to bring together major players in the field of evidence-based reimbursement in diagnostics.
- Mark J. Cziraky, Pharm.D., Vice President, Industry Sponsored Research, HealthCore, Inc.
- Gregory Hess, M.D., CMO, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research, IMS Health
- Vipul Kashyap, Director, Information Management & Analytics, Cigna Healthcare
- Hui Cao, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Director, Personalized Healthcare, R&D Information, AstraZeneca
- Russell Knoth, Ph.D., Director, US Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Eisai, Inc.
- J. Jaime Caro, MDCM, FRCPC, FACP, Senior Vice President, Health Economics, United BioSource Corporation
- Christian Elze, Senior Partner, Catenion
- Robert Popovian, Pharm.D., MS, Senior Director, Advocacy and Professional Relations, US Public Affairs, Pfizer, Inc.
- Carl Foster, Executive Vice President, Business Development, Cempra Pharmaceuticals
- Josephine Sollano, Dr.P.H., Vice President, Health Economics and Outcomes Research and Medical Communications, Oncology Business Unit, Pfizer Inc.
- Laura Housman, Vice President, Global Market Access, Pricing and HE&OR, Novartis Molecular Diagnostics
- Roy D. Baynes, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Oncology Therapeutics, Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Jerry Conway, Vice President, Reimbursement & Payer Strategy, Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Badri Rengarajan, M.D., Medical Director, Archimedes, Inc.
- John Warren, Senior Director, Health Policy, McDermott Will & Emery
- Elaine K. Jeter, M.D., J1 MolDx Medical Director, Palmetto GBA
- Brian Gorin, Managing Principal, Analysis Group, Inc.
- Mark Erwin, Senior Director, Reimbursement & Government Affairs, Prometheus Therapeutics & Diagnostics
- Catherine Schnabel, Ph.D., Vice President, Medical, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs, bioTheranostics, Inc.
- Pam Baker, Senior Director, Market Access & Policy, CardioDx, Inc.
- Lynn Feldman, MBA, CEO, SimulConsult
- Matthew Zubiller, Vice President, Decision Management, McKesson Health Solutions
- John R. Ridge, Director, Global Reimbursement and Healthcare Economics, Ventana Medical Systems, a member of the Roche Group
- Roger Klein, M.D., J.D., Department of Molecular Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Victoria Pratt, Ph.D., FACMG, Director, Pharmacogenetics Laboratory, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Danielle Scelfo, Director, Government Affairs, Genomic Health