UMEC 2013: 1st Uganda, Mining, Energy & Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition
Organization: AME Trade Ltd
Venue: Kampala Serena Hotel
|Event Date/Time: May 28, 2013||End Date/Time: May 30, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 01, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Dec 02, 2012|
UMEC will feature two days of conference sessions, a trade exhibition, round table discussions, seminars as well as touristic trips and technical visits. The event will be organized by the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development, Republic of Uganda, in association with AME Trade Ltd.
The inaugural UMEC will gather international investors, industry experts, Ugandan decision makers, development partners and donors, as well as other key actors and partners in Uganda’s extractive industries.
The main theme of UMEC 2013 is “Development through Sustainable Management of Uganda’s Energy & Mineral Resources”.
Uganda: an unexploited and under explored mining potential
Uganda has in the last few years made significant efforts to attract investors to their mining sector this includes:
- Capacity building of human resources to handle geoscientific data.
- Good policies and legal framework.
- More geoscientific data acquisition of geology, geochemistry and geophysics (new data covers 80% of the country).
- Mining Cadastre System.
- Geological Mineral Information System.
- Environmental Management Capacity.