Utica Shale Congress 2013
Organization: American Business Conferences
|Event Date/Time: Apr 30, 2013 / 8:00 am - (EST)||End Date/Time: May 01, 2013 / 6:00 pm - (EST)|
With 236 wells now drilled and nearly 300 more permitted, 2013 is set to be a huge year for the Utica Shale. The priority for operators is now to gain a complete understanding of the formation's geology and production drivers, honecompletions techniques to maximize production and drivedown well costs to fully commercialize the play.
2ND ANNUAL UTICA SHALE CONGRESS
With the Utica still underdeveloped compared to its geographical partner the Marcellus, it's vital that play-wide completions and production are up-scaled. The Utica Shale Congress 2013 is now returning to Ohio to focus on reducing risk in exploration by using the latest technology to characterize the reservoir and inform well placement and completions design. Working most effectively with Government and landowners is also key. This means solutions for operating logistically in the play, ensuring new wells are permitted quickly, complying with water regulations and pooling and unitization of assets will be of major focus to ensure the industry can drive the Utica towards being the next Bakken or Eagle Ford. The Utica Shale Congress 2012 was the first dedicated industry event for the play, focussing on proving its commercial viability, and took place back in April 2012. The event is nowreturning to Columbus on April 30 - May 1, 2013 to build on last year's huge success and grow the Utica from an opportunity of huge promise to a fully developed resource play.
Why Attend This Conference Over Others That Have Surfaced Since The Original Utica Shale Congress 2012?
- In April last year, the Utica Shale Congress 2012 was thefirst ever operator-orientated forum dedicated to the play and was attended by over 350 delegates from across North America
- This year, the congress returns with a brand new redeveloped agenda, researched in close collaboration with past speakers, delegates and leading operators in the play and will focus on only the very latest learning objectives
- The Utica Shale Congress 2013 will be a highly technical forum, focusing on in-depth analysis of the formation's geology, as well as completions and production techniques to deliver solutions for operators looking to drive the Utica forward through to 2014
- As well as this technical focus, the event will deliver a break down of the wider strategic and regulatory issues which will influence key decision making in the play as it develops
- The Utica Shale Congress 2013 is trusted by industry being the latest in the hugely successful Emerging Plays Series. This series has hosted over 1400 delegates globally and delivered market-leading forums across the world's hottest new shale and tight plays such as the Mississippi Lime, the Chainman, the Brown Dense and the Monterey in the US, the Neuquén and Vaca Muerta in Argentina, the Bowland in the UK and the Duverney in Canada to mention a few
The Congress is hosting a brand new speaker line up made up of executives and experts from leading Utica E&Ps and industry authorities who will be sharing their experiences and strategies for developing arguably the hottest shale play in North America:
- Randy Albert, COO Gas Operations, CONSOL Energy
- Matt Hammond, Sr. Director Government Affairs,Chesapeake
- Conny Gilbert, Subsurface Team Lead, Hess
- Ron Coleman, President & CEO, Utica Resources
- Peter Dorrins, President & COO, Junex
- John Tinnin, Sr. Geophysicist, Halcon Resources
- Peter Sullivan, VP Exploration, Energy Corporation of America
- Raymond Savoie, Chairman & CEO, Gastem
- Katharine Fredriksen, SVP Environmental Strategy & Regulatory, Affairs, CONSOL Energy
- Steve Stengell, CEO, Encore Energy
- Bernard Granger, Chief Geologist, Petrolia
- Bill Harrison, Senior Landman, Halcon Resources (until Jan 2013)
- Patrick McLaughlin, Geologist, Wisconsin Geological Survey
- Tim Carr, Professor, Marshal Miller Energy Professor,West Virginia University
- Shawn Bennet, Field Director, Energy In Depth Ohio
- Craig Kasper, CEO, Hull & Associates
- Mark Chadsey, Campaign Manager, Energy In Depth Ohio
If you have any questions related to the summit, then please do not hesitate to call (1) 800 721 3915
On behalf of American Business Conferences, I look forward to welcoming you to the Utica Shale Congress 2013, returning to Columbus on April 30 – May 1.