Western Aboriginal Consultation & Negotiation
Organization: CI Energy Group
|Event Date/Time: Jan 29, 2013||End Date/Time: Jan 30, 2013|
Western Canada’s economic growth and future opportunities depend on successful relationships between industry and Aboriginal groups. It is critical in today’s economic climate to stay on top of the latest guidelines, industry trends, and best practices in consultation and understand how to enrich collaboration between proponents and stakeholders to ensure projects move forward.
CI Energy Group’s Western Aboriginal Consultation & Negotiation conference has been designed to address the legal, environmental, financial, and regulatory issues which arise during the consultation process. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn practical lessons from experienced practitioners and walk away with a concrete understanding of:
- Alberta and Saskatchewan’s Provincial consultation policy updates
- The role of cumulative effects of projects in consultation and regulatory processes
- Consultation protocols and best practices based on the experiences of communities and industry
- Incorporating Traditional Knowledge and Land Use Studies in the environmental impact assessment process
- The impact of recent court cases on consultation and the expectations of government and stakeholders
Take advantage of our interactive pre-conference workshops on Developing Successful Impact Benefit Agreements and Mastering the Fundamentals of Aboriginal Law.
Join industry professionals, government regulators, and Aboriginal groups on January 29th and 30th, 2013 at this exclusive gathering.
Register today by calling 1-877-927-7936.