Women's Health: Clinical and Psychological Topics
|Event Date/Time: May 05, 2013||End Date/Time: May 12, 2013|
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ 14 Contact Hours Course Fee Physicians and other Doctoral Level Degrees $695 All Others - Course Fee $450 Plus the cost of the cruise.
OB/GYN, Family Practice, NPs, Nurses, Physician Assistants
Program Purpose / Objectives
Preliminary Objectives for Activity:
- STI's: How to assess those at risk and communicate the risks to our patients
- Prevention of Infertility: Assess cancer therapies and behaviors that increase fertility
- Disfunctional Uterine Bleeding: Participants should be able to use new terminologies, definitions and classifications to determine appropriate therapies
- Hysterectomy: Describe the different types of hysterectomies and be prepared to discuss these with patients
- Office Surgery: Assess patient suitability for surgeries appropriate to an office setting
- Uterine Myoma: Differentiate between myomas needing surgery and those that do not
- Post-Menopausal Hormonal Therapy: Perform risk/benefit analysis for different types of hormonal therapies
- Discuss evolutionary fitness as it relates to medical practice in women.
- Discuss the influence of the social brain on medical practice in human females.
- Discuss the complexities of emotional control and decision-making in human females.
- Discuss the development of mental health problems during adolescence.
- Discuss and screen for body image distortions as they affect medical problems in females.
- Discuss and screen for affective disorders in women.
- Discuss and screen for alcohol and substance abuse, and addiction, in females.
Conference Sessions generally take place during the days at sea (as cruise itinerary allows) to avoid conflicts with Ports of Call or evening entertainment.