World Health Summit, Regional Meeting – Asia, Singapore 2013
Organization: MOH Holdings Pte Ltd
|Event Date/Time: Apr 08, 2013 / 5:30 pm - (GMT +8:00 hours)||End Date/Time: Apr 10, 2013 / 6:30 pm - (GMT +8:00 hours)|
For the first time, the World Health Summit (WHS) which counts German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande as patrons, will be holding its inaugural regional meeting outside of Europe in Asia, in Singapore from April 8th – 10th, 2013. Themed “Health for Sustainable Development in Asia”, the World Health Summit Regional Meeting – Asia 2013 (WHSRMA 2013) will be opened by Singapore’s Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong.
Supported by the Singapore’s Ministry of Health and organized by the National University of Singapore (NUS), MOH Holdings (MOHH) and the M8 Alliance, the regional meeting continues the aims of the WHS to improve healthcare and health-systems and strengthen the links between research, academic medicine and decision maker across all health care sectors, including government and industry, with a focus on Asia and its specific needs. The summit will convene up to 1,000 health care thought leaders from the region and beyond.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, Chairman & Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, NH Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Narayana Hrudayalaya Health City, India
- Prof. K. Srinath Reddy, President, Institute of Public Health of India, India
- Ms. Laurie Garret, Senior Fellow for Global Health, Council on Foreign Relations, USA
- Mr. Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet, UK
- Dr. Suwit Wibulpolprasert, Senior Adviser for Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
- Prof. William Hsiao, K.T. Li Professor of Economics Departmentof Health Policy and Management and Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, USA