2001 Annual Meeting of the Southwest Region (Decision Sciences In)
Venue: Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Feb 28, 2001||End Date/Time: Mar 03, 2001|
Founded in 1973, the Southwestern Federation of Administrative Disciplines has become one of the largest annual meetings for those disciplines common to business administration. SWFAD is presently composed of 12 regional professional associations that focus on the promotion and improvement of research and educational activities of schools and colleges of business administration. These associations have joined together to form a Federation with the following primary purposes:
1. To provide and coordinate an annual meeting located in the Southwest for Federation association members;
2. To provide a common general program in which all Federation association members will participate together;
3. To provide a forum through the annual meeting for the discussion and exchange of ideas and presentation of formal papers;
4. To foster professional growth and enrichment for members in each of the federation associations; and,
5. To provide information which can be used to improve classroom instruction, research, and academic or business development.
Within the constitution and bylaws, SWFAD is governed by Board of Directors which consists of two representatives from each association of the Federation. The Board of Directors elects a President, Vice President, and Secretary-Treasurer. The many activities of the Federation are planned and developed through its various standing and ad hoc committees.