Commercialization of Military and Space Electronics Conference (CMSE)
Venue: Los Angeles Airport Marriott
|Event Date/Time: Feb 11, 2002||End Date/Time: Feb 14, 2002|
|Registration Date: Feb 07, 2002|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 16, 2002|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 05, 2001|
|Paper Submission Date: Dec 14, 2001|
Working groups and discussion sessions are planned on specific topics of concern to the industry or were requested. New issues identified by the delegates to the previous year’s conference will be addressed.
Experts from throughout the world are requested to submit an abstract for a presentation on the conference topics. Papers reporting on actual experience, knowledge and data gained from the use of commercial components and COTS in military and space systems are solicited. Specific subjects to be discussed include:
• COTS systems vs custom military designs
• Meeting harsh environments through ruggedizing practices
• The industry conflict over upscreening & uprating
• Achieving mission reliability cost effectively
• Dealing with obsolescence
• Approaches for converting older military systems to COTS
• Does open system architecture really solve obsolescence?
• Are COTS components more expensive when QML is available?
• Successful case studies of COTS in military & space systems