Managing the Iterative Development Lifecycle
|Event Date/Time: Nov 07, 2001||End Date/Time: Nov 09, 2001|
This workshop first covers the concepts and principles behind the iterative component-based development, than it provides you with practical skills and a process for managing risk and delivering quality solutions on time and within budget. The success factors include: managing changing requirements, early focus on architecture, tracking progress based on tangible deliverables (artifacts) trough the entire lifecycle, and building a winning team.
· Understand the principles and concepts behind Components and Object Technology
· Understand the nature of the different phases of the software development lifecycle and the artifacts and activities associated with them
· Understand how to organize the work into increments that enable high performance from your teams without sacrificing control
· Learn how to effectively manage and maintain traceability for changing requirements
· Understand the importance of addressing software architecture issues early on
· Learn the fundamentals of estimates, project scheduling and tracking.
· Determine and apply essential metrics to track progress and fine-tune estimates
· Learn to identify and avoid common pitfalls associated with component based development and the iterative development lifecycle
· Learn tips and techniques for managing, project organization and staffing
Who Will Attend
Project Managers, Technical Leads, Business and System Analysts, and Software Developers
Knowledge of project management fundamentals are useful but not required.