SSTA2002: The 7th Conference: Shell Structures, Theory and Applications (SSTA2002)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 09, 2002||End Date/Time: Oct 11, 2002|
|Registration Date: Apr 30, 2002|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 31, 2001|
|Abstract Submission Date: Apr 30, 2002|
Gdañsk-Jurata, Poland, 9-11 October 2002
Polish Academy of Sciences, Committee for Civil Engineering, Section of Structural Mechanics
Technical University of Gdansk, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Structural Mechanics Department
Polish Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Gdañsk Branch
Conferences "Shell Structures, Theory and Applications" (SSTA in short) have been organized in Poland since 1974. The aim of these meetings is always the same: to bring together scientists, designers, engineers and other specialists of shell structures in order to discuss important results and new ideas in this broad field of activity. The goal is to pursue more accurate theoretical models, to develop more powerful and versatile numerical methods for computerized analysis, and to disseminate expertise in design and maintenance of various shell structures and elements commonly used in science, technology and everyday life.
While earlier SSTA Conferences were primarily Polish national meetings, the last 6th SSTA98 in Jurata became a truly international event. It was attended by 170 participants from 14 countries. This confirmed our feeling that there is a need for a specialized international meeting in the field of shell structures, and the SSTA Conference may be an adequate forum for it. It is expected that the next 7th SSTA 2002 will bring together even more specialists of shell structures from international scientific and engineering community.
· The theory and analysis of shells, including:
- linear and nonlinear theory;
- constitutive laws;
- shells and plates with internal microstructure;
- hybrid and branched structures;
- beam - shell interaction;
- stability, dynamics, optimization, reliability, sensitivity, limit load analysis etc.
· Numerical analysis of shell structures and elements, including:
- computer methods: FEM, BEM and others;
- analysis of nonstandard problems;
- development of software packages.
· Design and maintenance of shell structures, including:
- industrial applications in civil, power, mining and
mechanical engineering, as well as in automotive, shipbuilding, aerospace and chemical processing industries;
- shell design codes and procedures (e.g. Eurocode);
- case studies of various shell structures and failure problems.
Wojciech Pietraszkiewicz - chairman
Jan Awrejcewicz, Jacek Chroscielewski, Michal Kleiber, Pawel Klosowski, Piotr Konderla, Marian Królak,
Tomasz Lewinski, Czeslaw Szymczak, Krzysztof Wisniewski, Roscislaw Tribillo, Zenon Waszczyszyn,
Czeslaw Wozniak, Jerzy Ziólko
THE MAIN DEADLINES
· Submission of registration form:
December 31, 2001
· Second announcement: March 31, 2002
· Submission of 2 pages abstract: April 30, 2002
· Notification to accepted authors: June 30, 2002
· The Conference program will include general lectures and contributed papers presented as lectures. The Conference lecture can be delivered in English or in Polish.
· All the contribution abstracts (2 pages) will be rigorously reviewed prior to acceptance. The accepted abstracts will be included in the Conference book of abstracts. Full length manuscripts of the selected papers will be further considered for publication in a special volume of a recognized technical journal.
· An exhibition related to the Conference themes provided by contractors, system manufacturers and consultants will be organized during the event.
· The Conference venue will be the comfortable hotel "Neptun" located in the attractive leisure region of the Hel Peninsula (www.hotelneptun.gda.pl).
· The registration fee, which will cover the full board accommodation and the book of abstracts, will be approximately 300 US dollars and 250 US dollars for accompanying person.
· The second announcement with more details about the Conference fees, general lectures and the abstract format will be sent to persons who return the preliminary registration form.
· Registration by Internet Homepage (http://www.pg.gda.pl/ssta2002) will be welcomed.
· For more details please visit our Internet Homepage or contact the conference secretariat.
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
SSTA2002 Organizing Committee
Department of Structural Mechanics
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Technical University of Gdañsk
ul. G. Narutowicza 11/12
80-952 Gdañsk, POLAND