III Retina Summit: Options, Controversies & New Development in Vitreoretinal Diseases & Surgery
|Event Date/Time: Jan 25, 2002||End Date/Time: Jan 26, 2003|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jan 04, 2002|
Because of recently publicized findings, ongoing clinical trials and new research, there is a need to assess new data and thought.
This summit is intended to provide information about issues relating to diagnosing and treating patients with vitreoretinal diseases, utilizing the full spectrum of medical and surgical therapies now available.
Live surgery and laser sessions will be included in this summit. Case presentations, where the experts will advise on the selection of treatments, will be an important aspect of this summit. Audience participation and extensive discussion will be encouraged.
At the conclusion of this summit, the participants should be able to:
• Describe the role of photodynamic therapy, macular transloca-
tion, submacular surgery, photocoagulation, transpupillary
thermotherapy, modulating choroidal vessel treatment and other
therapies in the management of patients with subfoveal
• Identify newer therapies, including pharmacological and surgical
treatments for age-related macular degeneration.
• Recognize options for the treatment of patients with diabetic
macular edema, including new laser strategies as well as the role
• Evaluate ongoing clinical trials in the treatment of different
• Describe new experimental treatments for retinal vascular
• Evaluate several controversial issues.