Thirty-Seventh Central Canadian Symposium on Water Pollution Research
|Event Date/Time: Feb 04, 2002||End Date/Time: Feb 05, 2002|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 10, 2001|
The THIRTY-SEVENTH CENTRAL CANADIAN SYMPOSIUM ON WATER POLLUTION RESEARCH will be held on February 4 and 5, 2002, at the Canada Centre for Inland Waters, Burlington, Ontario. The sponsors of the symposium are the Canadian Association on Water Quality and the National Water Research Institute. Dr. John H. Carey, Executive Director, National Water Research Institute, will chair the symposium.
Poster or oral presentations are solicited for the following Special Sessions:
1. Taste and odour compounds and toxins: algal and bacterial metabolites in drinking water, including ecological, physical/chemical, biological and toxicological characteristics.
2. Waterborne pathogens including bacterial, viral and protozoan detection and monitoring in the environment.
3. Water treatment, including innovative treatment processes for large and small scale applications, disinfection and the formation of disinfection by-products and water quality in distribution systems.
ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING COMPOUNDS
4. Endocrine disrupting compounds, including pulp and paper mill effluents, sewage and agricultural runoff, vitellogenin in fish and estradiol/testosterone exposure in fish.
Poster or oral presentations are also solicited for two open sessions, and in particular for topics related to:
· Wastewater treatment: innovative treatment technologies, including recycling and managing wet-weather transient flows in municipal pollution control plants.
· Urban wet-weather pollution: stormwater management and combined sewer overflow (CSO) control.
Poster or oral presentations abstracts are due December 10, 2001.
For further information, or to obtain an Abstract Information form or Registration form, please contact Pat McGregor at: Pat.McGregor@ec.gc.ca; Tel.: 905-336-4782.