5th Scientific Congress Federation of Asian & Oceanian Physiological Societies (FAOPS) (FAOPS)
Venue: Crown Princess Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Sep 23, 2002||End Date/Time: Sep 26, 2002|
|Registration Date: Sep 16, 2002|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 15, 2002|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 15, 2002|
|Paper Submission Date: Aug 20, 2002|
A major topic in this congress will be issues in the teaching and learning of physiology, and we have devoted a large proportion of one day during the congress to discuss the topic. Our workshops on computer aided-learning and problem-based learning reflect the interest of our members.
1. Cell signaling processes at the blood brain barrier
2. Advances in retinal research
3. Endocrine disruptors and reproductive health
4. Neuro-endocrine mechanisms in stress
5. Ischaemia and reperfusion
6. Trends in Neuropeptide research.
7. Molecular mechanisms of NaCl transport
8. Fetal Programing
9. Exercise and heat
10. Growth and development of the kidney: effect of nutrition
11. Molecular and cellular physiology of mechno-sensitive channels
12. Natural antibodies in health and disease
13. Revisiting aldosterone in the cardiovascular system
14. The physiology of endothelium-derived vasodilation and its role in disease
15. Stem cells and cell differentiation
16. learning and memory
17. Synaptic transmission
18. response to trauma
19. Transporters in health and disease
20 Round table discussion on education
Pre-congress workshop: teaching learning of physiology and health sciences.
Venue: Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 18-19 September 2002
Pre-congress workshop II: Problem Based Learning: Processes and Assessment in PBL
Venue: faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Date : 20-21 September 2002
Venue: Crown Princess Hotel, City Square Centre, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Date: 23-26 September 2002
Post Congress Satellite Symposium:
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Impacts on Reproductive Health
Venue: Crown Princess Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 27 September 2002