"Developing Strategy and Policy for Small States in the Context of Global Change" (SALISES CONFERENCE)
Venue: Sherbourne Conference Centre
|Event Date/Time: Jan 15, 2003||End Date/Time: Jan 17, 2003|
|Registration Date: Dec 31, 2002|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 01, 2002|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 15, 2002|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 15, 2002|
Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies (SALISES)
The Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies of the University of the
West Indies announces its Fourth Annual Conference to be held in Barbados during the
period January 15 - 17, 2002.
The theme of the Conference is "Developing Strategy and Policy for Small States in the
Context of Global Change."
The Institute would welcome papers/panels dealing with the following issues:
1. Regional integration for the Small States of the Caribbean and the Pacific.
2. The Role of the Private and Public Sectors.
3. Regional and International Institutions and the Transformation Process.
4. Engendering Strategies of Development.
5. Enterprise Development and Export Competitiveness.
6. Human Resource Development (Health, Education, Social Security).
7. Negotiating Regional and International Agreements.
8. Non-governmental Agencies and Development.
9. Governance and Public Sector Reform.
10.Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
Further details on the Conference will be posted on the Institute's webiste:
http://www.uwichill.edu.bb/salises. Information on the Conference can be obtained from:
The Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies, University of the West Indies,
Cave Hill Campus, St. Michael, Barbados; Telephone (246) 417-4478; Fax (246) 424-7291;