Tissue + Genetic Engineering for the Treatment of Arthritic Diseases
Venue: Providence Marriott
|Event Date/Time: Oct 09, 2002||End Date/Time: Oct 11, 2002|
|Registration Date: Oct 10, 2002|
Special half day pre-conference workshop on
Polymeric Biomaterials for Medical Applications
The design and development of cartilage, scaffolds and stem cell based therapies are key issues for the treatment of arthritic diseases. In order to make significant progress, numerous questions remain to be answered such as:
- How can cartilage constructs be developed, modulated and enhanced?
- How important are their biomechanical properties?
- Are there alternatives for using differentiated chondrocytes?
- What effect do engineered biomaterials have on immune responses of the host?
Our international panel of experts will discuss the latest developments on these and more topics in sessions on:
- Cartilage and Scaffolds
- Biomaterials and Biomechanics
- Gene Engineering and Immunology