Strategic Workforce Planning
Venue: The Westin Innisbrook Resort
|Event Date/Time: Sep 23, 2002||End Date/Time: Sep 24, 2002|
STRATEGIC WORKFORCE PLANNING, Aligning People & Talent With Changing Business Requirements, September 23-24, 2002, Westin Innisbrook Resort, Palm Harbor, FL
Featuring KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS & WORKSHOPS by these Recruiting & Staffing Visionaries:
* Dr. John Sullivan, Professor, San Francisco State University
* Peter Weddle, CEO, WEDDLE'S Publications
* Tom Bechet, Author, Strategic Staffing: A Practical Tool Kit for Workforce Planning
Don’t Miss These Two Interactive Pre-Conference Workshops! Monday, September 23, 2002 · 8:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
* Workshop A: Developing The Corporate Recruiting Web Site of the Future
Dr. John Sullivan, San Francisco State University
* Workshop B: Retention Strategies for the New Global Market
Elaine Smith, Inovia, Inc.
Find out how winning organizations are...
* Defining required capabilities and staffing levels
* Forecasting staffing availability
* Identifying staffing shortages and surpluses in response to organizational needs
* Defining the staffing strategies and actions needed to support organizational business goals
* Incorporating turnover analysis and trend analysis into a strategic context
* Defining assessment tools to evaluate and improve current strategic staffing practices
* Determining internal client satisfaction measurements for recruiting and staffing processes
* Building a talent pool for competitive advantage
* Leveraging technology to cut recruiting and staffing costs and cycle times
* Creating and managing a successful internal contingent workforce
* Aligning sourcing strategies to business objectives
* Developing a retention-focused culture to reduce employee turnover
* Defining staffing needs in times of uncertainty
* Managing workforce planning systems/software
Today, employees must take on dramatically new responsibilities as organizations struggle with their staffing needs. Organizations must be prepared for an economic turnaround by being able to better define the staffing issues they face and be prepared to address these issues when they occur. Learn how these winning organizations are leveraging their workforce staffing strategies with dramatic results. You’ll hear from:
THE CITY OF CALGARY
SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITY
ADECCO STAFFING SERVICES
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CPA'S
SPECIAL OFFERS: Free Book! Be One Of The First 20 Paid Attendees And Get A Free Signed Copy Of Thomas Bechets book, Strategic Staffing, A Practical Toolkit for Workforce Planning! and Meet the Author at the conference! Register and Pay in Full by July 26 and save $300! Act now-register yourself and a team of key people-today! Call 800-882-8684 or 973-256-0211, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Online: www.hrevents.com. Your priority code is: C*INHP-1
WHY ATTEND? Any business strategy that fails to identify and address staffing implications is a strategy that cannot be implemented. Effective staffing strategy is not just a matter of hiring and firing, and it certainly is not as simple as keeping control of headcount. Knowing in advance what you need to do to have the "right" people in the "right" place at the "right" time is a daunting task. In order to support your company's business strategy fully, you must have a system that allows you to plan for and keep track of the movement of people into, around, and out of the organization.
Most organizations understand the benefits that a long-term approach to staff planning can bring, but few actually develop staffing strategies and workforce plans that are effective and drive decision-making on an ongoing basis. For some, their approaches are ineffective and expected benefits just aren't realized. For others, problems are compounded by uncertain business plans and managers who lack the skills and understanding they need to predict their long-term staffing needs accurately. In any of these cases, the staffing plans that result are rarely implemented, and thus the strategic planning process is not viewed as a valued component of the business planning process.
HRevents has assembled a distinguished group of leading practitioners who have developed and implemented staffing strategies, workforce plans, and staffing tools that really "work." Their approaches are pragmatic and rooted in the "real world" - not conceptual models that have yet to prove their worth.
You'll LEARN HOW TO:
* Forecast workforce demand
* Conduct pre-cruitment: The art and science of being prepared for recruiting
* Attract, retain and grow employees for competitive advantage
* Consult with your clients on the development of staffing strategies
* Make recruiting the "corporate hero" once again
* Become a coaching leader: How to develop a retention strategy to keep your best people
* Develop the corporate recruiting web site of the future
* Outsource recruiting: can it really work?
* Identify retention strategies for a global market
* Develop a retention-focused culture
* Leverage strategic succession management: Knowledge transfer and the retiring worker
Act now-register yourself and a team of key people-today! Call 800-882-8684 or 973-256-0211, email email@example.com, Online: www.hrevents.com. Your priority code is: C*INHP-1