Eurotherm Seminar n°73: Computational Thermal Radiation in Participating Media (Eurotherm73)
|Event Date/Time: Apr 15, 2003||End Date/Time: Apr 17, 2003|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 15, 2002|
* Solution of the radiative transfer equation. * New developments in discrete ordinates methods, discrete transfer, finite volume, zonal method, ray tracing, spherical harmonics,...
* Monte Carlo methods and coupling of MC with other techniques
* Radiative transfer at time or space microscale
* Turbulence-radiation interaction
* Complex geometries and/or optically complex media i.e. crystals,...
* Gas radiation modeling
* Coupled heat transfer involving significant radiative effects and relevant applications such as combustion, fire safety, furnaces, high temperature heat exchangers, glass manufacturing,...
* Radiative properties of single particles and disperse systems
Although our primary interest is thermal radiation, contributions of researchers from any field related to radiation such as neutronics, astrophysics, biomedical, will be welcome provided that they fit with the main scopes of the seminar.