The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Pittcon 2003 (Pittcon2003)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 04, 2002|
A hearty Welcome! We are “The Pittsburgh Conference”; we organize and orchestrate the world’s largest and most important Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy and the allied sciences. We are “Bringing Together the Elements of Science” at the upcoming Conference (Pittcon 2003) on March 9-14, 2003 at the Orange County Convention Center in beautiful Orlando, Florida, USA. The Conference is a meeting of like-minded people and companies who are striving to solve scientific problems related to energy and the environment, agriculture and foods, health and pharmaceuticals, and other concepts and products to improve the quality of life accessible by societies around the world. The Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP), and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP), together, own and operate the Pittsburgh Conference as a Pennsylvania “not-for-profit” Corporation. What attracts more than 150 people like me to serve the Pittsburgh Conference as a lifetime volunteer? We have an opportunity, through the Conference, to make a real difference in Science Education---to make Science accessible to innumerable kids and adults across the United States. Proceeds from the Conference are used to support science education at the Conference and through the founding Societies; they provide funding for scholarships, equipment grants, continuing education, technical programs, and a variety of other science-education related activities in SW Pennsylvania, the Conference host states, and throughout the U.S. Please explore or web site ( www.pittcon.org ) or call 412-825-3220 to learn more
Mildred (Mille) B. Perry, President
The Pittsburgh Conference
Call for Exhibitors:
The Pittsburgh Conference will be “Bringing Together the Elements of Science” at our annual meeting, Pittcon 2003, at the beautiful Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, March 9-14 (Exposition dates: March 10-13).
Your organization may have either recently exhibited or explored options to exhibit with the Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. If you have not already done so, I encourage you to act now to reserve booth space and/or seminar space to exhibit with us in 2003.
Here are just a few of the many reasons why you should exhibit at Pittcon 2003:
• Pittcon attracts the largest group of laboratory scientists assembled together anywhere in the world.
• Vendor exhibitors choose to unveil their most innovative and newest offerings at Pittcon. They also participate in our New Product Forum and Poster Sessions on Sunday before the show, and media opportunities throughout the week.
• Buyers know that Pittcon is the only venue where they can see everything at once and compare various options for fulfilling their laboratory and technical needs.
• Your competition wouldn’t miss a single chance to exhibit with the Pittsburgh Conference, and neither should you.
Even after 54 years, the Pittsburgh Conference organization is undergoing continuous renewal to identify important trends in the measurement and analytical sciences, transcending old boundaries between chemistry, biology and traditional disciplines. Yet, we continue to nurture the fundamental disciplines that underlie our traditional sciences and emerging new fields of scientific endeavor. For example, we are partnering with The LIMS Institute to build a show-within-a-show, “Laboratory Informatics”. Our Marketing firm, the Coalesce Corporation, and Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI - a program resource organization) are helping Pittcon to develop a Technical Program and Exposition that includes the most important new developments in the Life Sciences.
Watch for our mailing of the Pittsburgh Conference “Update” this month for Conference plans to-date; it includes a sketch of our Technical Program (especially invited symposia), the Tentative Agenda of Short Courses, and our registered Exhibitors.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-825-3221x205 to reserve your space today. And remember to visit our website at www.pittcon.org for continuous Pittcon 2003 updates.
Mildred B. Perry, President
The Pittsburgh Conference
The Pittsburgh Conference is a Pennsylvania not-for-profit educational corporation owned and operated by the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP)
• Officially named the Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy
• Produces the annual PITTCON Conference and Exposition
• World’s premier annual conference devoted to laboratory science
• Operated continuously since 1950
• Attracts 25,000-35,000 scientists (about 4000 from outside the USA) in industry, academia, and government from 80 countries around the world
• Provides estimated revenues of $60 million to the Host City during conference week
• Typically includes over 1000 exhibiting companies, occupying about 3000 booths, and requiring one million square feet of floor space
• Requires meeting rooms for over 20 concurrent sessions and approximately 2,000 technical presentations
• Requires an estimated 12,000 hotel rooms on peak night
• Revenue is used the promotion of science and science educational at all levels.
• Proceeds distributed through the programs of the Conference, SSP and SACP in the host city, the greater Pittsburgh area, and throughout the U.S.A.
• Managed by volunteers, including the President, Board of Directors and committee members, and supported by a professional office manager and staff
President: Mildred B. Perry, Ph.D.
Vice-President (2004 President): John P. Baltrus, Ph.D.
Exposition Chairman: Beth Kirol
Program Chairman: Adrian Michael, Ph.D.
Office Manager: William Schell
300 Penn Center Boulevard, Suite 332
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Phone: 412-825-3220 or 800-825-3221