|Event Date/Time: Jun 04, 2003||End Date/Time: Jun 05, 2003|
The Latest Legislative Developments and Initiatives in the UK, US and Europe in
Implementing Best Practices in Your Organisation
4th and 5th June 2003, Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, London
High profile corporate failures, together with a collapse of investor confidence, have
precipitated a corporate governance reform movement which first swept the US and then
circled the globe. Although UK companies have long been cognisant of the importance of
good governance, concerns both in the public and private sectors have resulted in a flood of reviews, reports and legislative initiatives which raise the bar significantly. UK companies must understand and comply with what is required of them to meet the higher standard. There is no choice. The Regulators require it; the shareholders demand it. To-day, UK companies must be concerned with UK law, EU law and, if they wish to be listed in the US,US law and regulation. Wherever your company stood on the good corporate governance scale, yesterday's knowledge will not be enough to make the right decisions today. And, ultimately, the wrong decisions can have a significant impact on your bottom line.
For this important conference, EuroLegal has brought together an outstanding panel of
speakers to share with you their wisdom and their insights on the following issues:
- How the leading companies have implemented best practices in their
- The impact Sarbanes-Oxley Act will have on your company
- The very latest SEC regulations and what UK companies listed in the US must comply with
- Higgs on Non-Executive Directors
- The Smith Report on audit committees
- The major reforms and legislative initiatives in the UK and Europe
- Tips on how to effectively manage your company's key risks
- How do rating agencies assess corporate governance?
- The benefits of implementing a CSR policy
- What will investors look for in your company's Corporate Governance regime?
There has never been a more important time to have an in depth understanding of good
corporate governance and what you need to do to achieve it in your organisation. Learn from those who are there already, or benchmark your own company's practices to these leaders who will talk about how they achieved it. Network with other companies sharing
your concerns, institutional investors and corporate governance experts. Be at the event
of the year for corporate governance.
Secure your place today by calling 020 7878 6888 , fax your registration to 020 7878 6885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, register online at