NKS 2003 (NKS 2003)
Venue: The Westin Waltham-Boston
|Event Date/Time: Apr 01, 2003|
NKS 2003 will be the first conference devoted to the ideas and implications of "A New Kind of Science." The conference will bring together individuals from a broad range of fields to learn and interact and to get involved with NKS.
Major conference features will include:
* A series of in-depth lectures by Stephen Wolfram on key aspects of "A New
Kind of Science"
* Specialized sessions focusing on implications and applications for:
Computer Science | Biological Sciences | Social Sciences | Physical Sciences
| Fundamental Physics | Mathematics | Foundations of Mathematics |
Philosophy | Future Technology and more...
* Workshops and case studies on: Modeling | Computer Experimentation |
Defining NKS Problems | NKS Explorer | NKS-Based Education and more...
* Group discussions on selected topics of mutual interest
* Poster/demo sessions providing opportunities to showcase NKS-based work
* Gallery of NKS-based art pieces
* Special preconference Mathematica course
NKS 2003 will be appropriate for anyone interested in learning about or pursuing the ideas of "A New Kind of Science." Dr. Wolfram's core lectures will assume a background of general scientific knowledge at a basic college level. Specialized sessions will assume graduate-level knowledge of relevant fields.