Developing Customer-Focused Strategy (Customer2003)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 13, 2003||End Date/Time: Jun 13, 2003|
|Registration Date: Jun 09, 2003|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 06, 2003|
The principles and practices outlined in this seminar will enable participants to transform their conceptual customer-focused initiatives into a multi-faceted, practical approach to retaining and maintaining valuable customer relationships through the following best practices:
* Identify points in the business strategy where customer-focus can deliver maximum value.
* Prioritize customer-focused initiatives based on potential for early wins and immediate positive impact on business.
* Set goals based first on leading indicators of customer satisfaction and then on customer retention and profitability.
* Measure performance and communicate results to ensure accountability and support.
You should attend this seminar...
...if you are a senior manager or professional wanting to learn an integrated customer-focus development process.
* Move from a product-focused corporate / departmental / team culture to one that focuses squarely on the customer.
* Set well-supported customer focus goals & prioritize customer focus initiatives to achieve desired objectives.
* Identify & select appropriate strategies for achieving your customer focus objectives, along with performance metrics.
* Lead and build support for customer focus improvement initiatives.
Marketing Management Seminar Series
Customer-focused Strategy Basics
What is strategy?
* Define what is meant by the term “strategy.”
* Describe the purpose of strategy and identify some key success factors.
What is a customer focus?
* Identify and define three focus strategies.
* Describe what is meant by a “customer focus” and identify some key characteristics.
* Assess corporate-level customer focus.
What are the advantages of customer-focused strategy?
* Cite the evidence supporting the value of customer-focused strategy.
* Identify and list exactly how a customer focus can enhance performance.
What are the critical issues in customer-focused strategy?
* Recognize common blocks to customer focus.
Development: Getting Started in Customer Focus
How customer-focused are you now?
* Assess your customer focus by breaking down individual attributes and analyzing performance.
* How customer-focused are your competitors?
* Analyze and evaluate your competitors’ customer focus strategy, strengths, and weaknesses.
How do your customers view your customer focus?
* Describe what is meant by “customer loyalty” and identify key implications.
* Assess your customers’ view of your customer focus.
Priorities and Goals
* Identify what does and what does not need to be done to strengthen your customer focus.
* Create targeted customer focus improvement goals.
Implementation & Evaluation
Customer-Focused Strategy Programs
* Identify the key components in a successful customer focus improvement initiative, including outcomes, key success factors, objectives, perspective, resources, research, customer education, processes, incentives, ROI
The Right Mindset
* Guard against disconnects between customer focus initiatives and customers.
* Describe how to establish clear channels that will communicate everything that is important to the customer to the organization.
* Leadership in a Customer-Focused Culture
* Examine your own relevant skills and develop a plan for how to improve your ability to lead customer focus improvement initiatives.