Advanced IP Licensing: Joint Ventures, Co-Development and Co-Promotion Agreements
Venue: Four Seasons Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Jun 25, 2003||End Date/Time: Jun 26, 2003|
As costs escalate and the new product pipeline dries up, hi-tech industry players — whether pharmaceutical, biotech or software, public sector or academic — are increasingly turning to strategic partnering and collaborative alliances in order to develop IP assets and maximize shareholder value.
Deals that are a complex mix of players, markets, regulatory environments and countries have created an increasingly important role for the negotiator of co-partnering agreements. To negotiate effectively, you must draw upon the technical knowledge of the IP specialist, the negotiation skills of the commercial lawyer, and the savvy to navigate the complexities of government regulation.
You’ll hear from experienced IP and commercial lawyers, in-house counsel and industry executives on important topics including:
* Protection and advancement of the IP assets
* Valuation approaches to IP assets and the impact of tax considerations on value
* Drafting dispute mechanisms and orderly exit strategies
* The benefits and drawbacks of the most common co-partnering strategies
* The impact of the regulatory environment on joint ventures and partnering
* Key success factors in negotiating the terms of the agreement
And much more!
This conference is an excellent opportunity to master cutting-edge partnering strategies and network with colleagues from across the country. Delegates will also benefit from a comprehensive set of conference materials, prepared by faculty for this conference, which will be a valuable resource both during the conference and long after it is over.