Advanced Forum on Domestic and Offshore Trusts
Venue: Sutton Place Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Jun 05, 2003||End Date/Time: Jun 06, 2003|
It's easy to get lost when you're dealing with offshore and domestic trusts, given recent legislative changes in Canada, evolving law and policy in traditional tax haven regimes, and the emergence of new investment options both domestically and abroad. The effective trust, tax and planning professional needs to know where the safe harbours are, and must fully understand the changing complexities of Canadian law in order to avoid getting lost in a sea of rules and exceptions.
At The Canadian Institute's Advanced Forum on Domestic and Offshore Trusts, you'll get the information you need to stay on course while charting new territory to protect and increase your clients' wealth through the effective use of trust tools. At this timely learning and networking event, you will:
* Learn to strategically apply CCRA's revised rules governing offshore investing
* Get informed about potential legal liabilities for your clients associated with the new regulatory regime
* Discover and master the latest offshore investment options including FIEs and IBCs
* Find out how to incorporate trusts into your clients' overall estate plans to achieve maximum tax advantages
* Learn how to set up and maintain trusts within other Canadian jurisdictions to secure benefits for your clients
* Hear from the CCRA on how they're enforcing the foreign reporting rules, and what other initiatives are in the works
* Get up to speed on the latest in anti-money laundering and its impact on international investments
And much more!
Delegates will also benefit from a comprehensive set of written materials prepared by the faculty specifically for this conference — a valuable resource both during the conference and long after it is over.