Fundamentals of Pension Governance in Canada
Venue: Sutton Place Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Jul 10, 2003||End Date/Time: Jul 11, 2003|
This comprehensive course will provide you with an excellent grounding in these and many other fundamentals … and give you the tools you need to meet your governance obligations. Topics will include:
* An overview of key pension concepts and the governing regulatory regime
* What the different sources of liability are, and how you can protect your organization from a mismanagement claim
* The critical elements of a good governance model
* How to establish effective policies and procedures, and ensure the right people are on the management team
* Proper management of pension communications
* How to ensure funding and investment decisions are appropriate and compliant
* What the regulator expects of plan administrators
Throughout the course, you will have ample opportunity to ask questions and to learn from and compare notes with your peers. You will also gain practical, hands-on experience in the application of good governance techniques by working in small break-out groups to evaluate various hypothetical scenarios.
Whether you are new to the area or just need a comprehensive refresher, this course will provide you with just the foundation you need to stay in compliance and ensure good governance.