Conference on Functional Linguistics. Functional Linguistics: Current Issues and Perspectives of Dev (Conference on Functi)
Venue: Almaty State University
|Event Date/Time: May 13, 2003|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 10, 2003|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 21, 2003|
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the conference on functional linguistics - Functional Linguistics: Achievements and Perspectives of Development - that will take place in Almaty State University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, on October 21-23, 2003. The conference will be organized around the following general topics:
• Functional and Communicative Grammar: Its Structure and Patterns
• Functional Lexicology
• Theory of Nomination and Functional Derivation
• Cognitive Models of the Theory of Nomination
• Comparative Functional Linguistics
• Issues in Lexical Semantics and Functional Syntax
• Functional Linguistics and Related Linguistic Theories
• Cognitive and Psycholinguistic models of Language Acquisition. Bilingualism and Multilingualism Issues
• Functional Models of Second Language Teaching
Abstracts may be presented in one of the following languages: Kazakh, Russian or English. Presentations will last 20 minutes with 15 minutes for discussion and questions.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is September 10, 2003. Abstracts (no longer than 6 pages) should be written in Times New Romans (14-point font, 2.5 cm/1 inch margins) and provide the following information:
• Title of proposed paper
• Name(s) of author(s)
• Author (s) affiliation(s)
We strongly encourage electronic submission in MS-WORD-7.0 or RTF format. Email abstracts should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard versions may be sent to the conference committee at Almaty State University, Department of Philology, 13 Dostyk, Almaty, 480100, Republic of Kazakhstan.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Manat Mussataeva Chair of the Department of Philology Professor of Linguistics Almaty State University Email:email@example.com Phone: 7-(3272)-476-037