2nd International Congress of Seas and Oceans (2nd ICSO)
Venue: Szczecin - Swinoujscie
|Event Date/Time: Sep 20, 2005||End Date/Time: Sep 24, 2005|
|Registration Date: Dec 31, 2004|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 31, 2003|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 31, 2004|
|Paper Submission Date: Dec 31, 2004|
1. Investigation of seas and oceans (waves, currents; physical, chemical and biological processes; geology of the ocean bottom; investigation methods and equipment; bathytechnique).
2. Exploitation of seas and oceans as sources of food, minerals and energy (exploitation of living resources, ocean water, minerals from the ocean bottom and from the ocean bottom's bed, use of sea wind, waves and currents energy).
3. Sea transport comprising maritime shipping, harbours and ships (construction and technical equipment of ships; waterways; ports and their structures; port management).
4. Recreation and maritime tourism (pleasure and excursion crafts, floating hotels, under-water recreation habitats, artificial islands).
5. The protection of the sea environment from the results of human activity and natural forces (protection from pollution, preventing collisions, protecting the coast from destructive influence of sea waves, protecting the bottom and the coast against destructive human activity; safety of navigation).
6. Maritime policy of coastal states and education of staff for marine economy (legal aspects of exploitation of seas and oceans, strategic exploitation of oceans, legal protection of the state, sea economy; organization of maritime administration, maritime training and maritime rescue).