Literature/criticism/media: perspectives 2003 (Perspectives 2003)
|Event Date/Time: Sep 30, 2003||End Date/Time: Oct 03, 2003|
|Registration Date: Sep 30, 2003|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 30, 2003|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 30, 2003|
|Paper Submission Date: Aug 30, 2003|
Literature/criticism/media: perspectives 2003
September 30th - October 3rd, 2003
Buenos Aires – Argentina
Organizes: Departamento de Letras, Facultad de Filosofía y Letras
Universidad Católica Argentina
The impact of new information technologies, the importance of global phenomena, and the weak frontiers between fiction and non-fiction signal the beginning of this millennium. In this context, what do critics have to say about cultural practices? What disciplines interweave in this analysis? What focuses enhance the debate? In order to generate a space for discussion and interchange on these questions, the Departamento de Letras de la Facultad de Filosofía y Letras de la Universidad Católica Argentina sends this call for papers:
To: teachers, researchers, graduate and postgraduate students of Universities and Colleges.
• Myths (classical, modern, media and cinema myths; revisions and new imaginaries).
• Literature and non-fictional discourses (media, scientific discourses, new technologies, new humanisms).
• Genres revisited (detective story, diary, book of travel, autobiography, sentimental novel, the gothic, the marvelous and the fantastic, adventure story, science fiction, comic, etc.).
• Identity and globalization (regional literatures, minorities, market strategies).
• What criticism leaves apart; canon paradoxes (anthologies, revivals, survivals).
• Criticism theory and practice: new models and the rescue of the old.
• Theatre, poetry, narrative: tendencies, approaches, groups and their context.
• Translation, translators, translated.
Activities involve conferences, panels and lectures. October 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, in the morning, Lic. Daniel Capano will dictate a six -hour course on “Narrativa italiana hoy. Tendencias y representantes destacados: Magris, Tabucchi, Baricco”.
ABSTRACTS: They should not exceed 20 lines in Arial 12, at 1,5 paper size A4. Besides the content to be developed, they should include the following data:
• Author (full name):
• Institution (if a student, University or College):
• Title of the paper:
• Related subject:
For further information, please send your e-mail address.
Abstracts should be sent before June 30th, 2003 to the following e-mail address:
PAPERS: They should be typed in Arial 12, at1,5 space, paper size A4, and they should not exceed eight (8) pages. Time for reading must not exceed fifteen (15) minutes.
The deadline is August 30th.
Lectures will be published in CD-Rom with a cost of 10 $ (pesos argentinos).
For students: Juries will assign a special prize for student lectures. Students should have, at least, 50% of their exams approved.
• Lecturers: 35$ (pesos argentinos)
• Assistants and students: 15$ (pesos argentinos)
• Students before June 30th: 20$, included the CD-Rom
Lecturers and assistants will receive certificates of attendance.
• Dr. Raúl Lavalle
• Dra Inés Capurro de Castelli
• Dra. María Amelia Arancet Ruda
• Lic. Mariano García
• Lic. María Lucía Puppo
• Lic. Valeria Melchiore
• Prof. María Natalia Bustos
• Lic. Magdalena Cámpora
• Prof. Mariana Di Ció
• Prof. María Victoria Riobó