SPARK3: ART, DESIGN, MUSIC, SCREEN, MEDIA (SPARK3)
|Event Date/Time: Aug 06, 2003||End Date/Time: Aug 09, 2003|
|Registration Date: Aug 05, 2003|
Organised by the Media Arts Creative Industries Research Centre at the Waikato Institute of Technology.
Hamilton, New Zealand, August 6-9, 2003
The line-up for this year's SPARK festival and conference has been announced and it's the best yet! SPARK3 features presentations by leading international practitioners across the creative sector, including:
* New Zealand Pacific Arts and Ta Moko expert Ngahuia Te Awekotuku
* Los Angeles-based gallerist and curator Brian Butler
* U.S. contemporary art curator Amada Cruz
* Leading Australian artist Mikala Dwyer
* Award winning UK Music producer Greg Haver
* Sydney digital media designer Luca Ionescu
* Lewis P.Morley, modelmaker for Star Wars Episode 2 and the Matrix films
* Michael Place, formerly of British graphic innovators Designers Republic
* University of Waikato writer-in-residence Mitch Tawhi Thomas
* Anne Zahalka, a leading Australian photomedia artist
Plus 24 other practitioners across the creative sector. There are also exhibitions, performances and screenings across the 4 days.
On Wednesday 6th a one-day workshop will explore current issues in Creative Practice as Research, featuring a panel discussion on research policies and methodologies, and their implications for creative practitioners. Following the panel, Dr. Anna Munster (College of Fine Arts at UNSW, Sydney) will lead a workshop featuring practical examples of research methodologies in creative art and design projects. The workshop will be useful to all practitioners in the Creative Industries working in the tertiary education sector, as well as people formulating or administering research policies applying to creative work.
Also on the pre-conference programme: the University of Waikato's Aotearoa Digital Arts working conference on Tuesday 5th will be developing national strategies to support New Zealand's new media arts practice.
All information on SPARK3 is available from the website. Register now and sign up for updates at: