3rd AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Forum (ATIO)
Venue: Denver Marriott City Center
|Event Date/Time: Nov 17, 2003||End Date/Time: Nov 19, 2003|
|Early Registration Date: Oct 17, 2003|
Among the challenges being faced by scientists, engineers, managers, and operators alike are those related to safety, security, capacity, efficiency, aircraft noise and emissions, product design, engineering and manufacturing, and information management. Specifically, we are being asked to understand the individual and collective effects of these variables on not only the National Airspace System (NAS), but more over, the national and global economies. Operational costs continue to escalate, while organizations seek effective ways to maximize the use of existing resources. As we enter the 2nd century of flight, all of these variables remain ever-evolving challenges to progress.
New questions and challenges arise such as:
• Can we design, build, and implement a safe and efficient air transportation system?
• Will new and innovative aircraft designs impact efficiencies and operations?
• Have the paradigm shifts in operations influenced the economics of our industry?
• Will future CNS/ATM R&D initiatives support the vision and evolution of the NAS?
• Can the future NAS sustain improved communications and information management systems in a dynamic air traffic environment?
These questions and many more shall be addressed during the 2003 ATIO forum. AIAA seeks abstracts that influence and shape the future of and course of the 2nd century of flight.