Wood Truss Repair Design
|Event Date/Time: Sep 25, 2003|
* Review nail, screw, and bolt connection design provisions of the NDS-2001;
* Present design data on lateral design values for nails installed in sheathing and lumber;
* Present a design methodology for repair of roof and floor trusses;
* Demonstrate truss repair design through typical examples;
* Present design information on truss bracing, vibration control, and wood floors supporting ceramic tile.
You will receive a certificate for 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUâs) upon completion of the course, documenting 12 hours of instruction. The lead instructor, Mr. Lecil Alexander, P. E., is responsible for truss repair design at 15 truss plants that serve 22 states. He will offer practical repair designs and options for a variety of cases involving broken trusses and joints. You will receive a notebook which includes example truss repair designs, design data for laterally loaded nails installed in sheathing and lumber, the NDS-2001, and related publications of interest to truss users. After the course, your notebook will serve as a valuable reference for your truss repair design work.