IIW International Congress on Welding and Allied Processes (IIWEGYPT2004)
|Event Date/Time: Nov 29, 2004||End Date/Time: Dec 01, 2004|
|Registration Date: Aug 29, 2004|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 30, 2003|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 30, 2004|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 30, 2004|
The International Institute of Welding (IIW) is a federation of welding societies from 40 countries around the world. The Institute is active in the areas of welding technology transfer, technology advancement and application, education, training, qualification and certification, standards and environment.
It is our great pleasure to invite you to Cairo, Egypt to participate in the IIW International Congress-Cairo 2004 hosted by IIW members, ASRT, CMRDI, EWS, and ASNT Cairo Branch (Sphinx). It is scheduled to be held between November 29 and December 1, 2004. Beside the Congress, Welding Exhibition will be held during the Congress days. The congress is likely to attract both national and international participation. This IIW International Congress is a meeting place for people from a wide range of industry, research and academia to share technical experience. The congress is also designed to be a special forum for engineers to make presentations on how they are going to meet the challenges, obtain opportunities and manage risks in the new century.
It is important to have your participation in this event to further promoting the science and technology of welding and joining from aspects of materials, mechanical and manufacturing engineering, as well as to greatly strengthening the technical collaboration among scientists and engineers. In addition, there are great opportunities to get information on Egyptian market of welding consumables and equipment.
Delegates expected to attend are from many of the member countries of IIW, Arab countries and Egypt. If you are visiting from overseas, why you do not enjoy the beautiful scenery while you are here. A long history has left numerous famous historical sites, which possess great aesthetic and cultural values. The congress will be held in Cairo City, which is a sprawling metropolis with a fascinating blend of ancient and modern cultures. It is one of the finest and oldest capital cities in the world being well connected with the rest of the country by air, road and rail. The climate in the month of November is very pleasant, moderately mild and dry with temperatures ranging between 18 to 25 oC. The delegates and authors will find many world-renowned monuments in the city like Pyramids, Sphinx, Ancient Mosques and Churches, Museums, Citadel; etc. Cairo is well connected to Upper Egypt where other places of tourists attraction like Luxor and Aswan are present, which include many of the wonders of the world.
Central Metallurgical R & D Institute (CMRDI)
The Central Metallurgical R & D Institute of Egypt was established in 1983. CMRDI is a national body devoted to the promotion and advancement of material science and technology in Egypt. CMRDI is equipped with advanced facilities for welding, cutting, non-destructive testing, heat treatment, foundry, corrosion and mechanical testing. The main objectives of CMRDI are:
- Technology transfer to industry.
- Improvement of product quality and reduction of production costs.
- Maximization of local raw material exploitation.
- Development of new alloys.
- Environmental protection.
- Development of SME’s.
- Failure analysis and trouble shooting.
- Technical service, consultations and training.
- NTD and third party inspection.
Congress Theme and Coverage
The objective of this congress is to assess the present trends in the various facets in science and technology of welding, cutting and NDT. In particular, the specific theme subjects that are covered include:
- Design and manufacture of welded structures
- Dissimilar welding
- Welding stresses and equipment
- High productive & special welding processes like resistance, laser,
electron beam etc.,
- Welding consumables and weldability of materials
- Hardfacing and surface engineering
- Soldering and brazing
- Thermal cutting processes
- Inspection and testing
- Computer modeling and simulation of welding, cutting and NDT
- Quality assurance and weld related failure analysis
- Reclamation and repair welding
- Safety and environment consciousness
In order to encourage wider participation, a poster session is planned concurrently with the oral presentations at the same venue.
Abstract and Paper Submission
Authors interested in submitting technical papers related to any of the theme subjects are invited to send an ABSTRACT to the Conference Secretary as per the following schedule.
Submission of abstract End December, 2003
Acceptance of abstract End February, 2004
Submission of paper End June, 2004
All authors have to register themselves as delegates to present their technical papers in the Congress.
1. The abstract should be in English and not exceeding 400 words.
2. It shall be printed preferably using LASER printer with ARIAL font of size 12 points.
3. The abstract should be submitted in A4 size bond paper with a 30 mm left margin and 25 mm
margin on other sides.
4. The abstract shall cover the problem definition, highlight of the work carried out to solve the
problem, brief discussion of the results and conclusions.
5. Contact address of the author including fax and e-mail should be indicated.
Exhibition area will be available in the congress venue, details regarding exhibition space and tariff will be announced in the 2nd circular.
Various pre- and post-congress visits to industrial companies will be arranged, details will be announced in the 2nd circular.
Pre- and Post-Congress Tours
Pre- and post-congress tours will be arranged including:
- One day city tour in Cairo
- One day city tour in Alexandria
- Two-three days tour for upper Egypt (Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel)
- A special program for accompanying persons will be arranged.