Integrating Europe - Potential and Performance of the Social Sciences in the Process of EU Enlargeme (Integrating Europe)
Venue: Tech Gate
|Event Date/Time: Nov 23, 2003||End Date/Time: Nov 26, 2003|
Sciences in the Process of EU Enlargement." This international conference will be held in English language from November 23 - 26, 2003, in Vienna.
Two questions of scientific and practical relevance inspire the programme:
* What and how can sociology and related social sciences contribute to the process of social change in Europe?
* What are the effects of socio-economic and political change in Europe on social sciences and humanities?
Four core topics have been selected for discussion in Parallel Sessions:
* Employment and labour markets
* Migration and mobility
* Constitution, cohesion and conflicts
* Science and technology policies the European Research Area
The mingling of experienced and young social scientists from Accession Countries/New Member States with researchers and speakers from EU15 and abroad is a major goal of this conference.
Innovative features of this event will go beyond the common conference setting:
* Declaration: The Social Sciences and Humanities in the European Research Area/ERA (initiated by an online discourse);
* Sociological Excursions, exploring practical experience and field research in the region of Vienna as an integrated part of the conference programme; and
* Networking Meetings of existing FP5/FP6 project consortia, or of groups interested to discuss future possibilities for research collaboration or strategic issues of science policy (e.g. publications, infrastrucure development).
More detailed information is available at http://www.oegs.ac.at or contact Elke Dall
- firstname.lastname@example.org at the conference office!