The Inaugural Safety Efficacy Biomarkers Conference
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2004||End Date/Time: Sep 28, 2004|
And yet, billions of dollars are still lost each year as drugs are found to be toxic in clinical settings. Safety and toxicity considerations are still the number one cause for withdrawal of drugs from the market. A consensus has yet to be reached on which biomarkers can be used to predict toxic outcomes.
To aid in your drug development efforts, Pharmaceutical Education Associates is proud to present our inaugural “Identification and Validation of Safety and Efficacy Biomarkers” conference. Ultimately, the drug discovery process must be a collaborative one, drawing together researchers from industry, academia, and government agencies to identify and address all possible benefits and consequences. In that spirit, our top-notch speaking faculty brings together experts from all these groups to address your most pressing questions:
• How can you identify the strongest drug candidates in a time-efficient and cost-effective manner?
• Which biomarkers have the greatest potential for future development?
• How can recent advances in toxico-genomics and toxico-proteomics aid in your ability to develop new surrogate endpoints of toxicity?
• How can genomic and proteomic technologies aid in your efforts?
• How can you close the gap between pre-clinical testing of biomarkers and clinical validation?
These issues and more will be addressed in our information-packed two day seminar. Please join us for this important event. No other conference you will attend this year will bring together such a distinguished group of experts from the world’s leading regulatory, pharmaceutical, and academic arenas. These include representatives from NCI, Merck, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Harvard Medical School, Eli Lilly, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Hoffman-La Roche, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Schering-Plough, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Ohio State University and others!