Making a Difference - The Power of One (Pof1)
Venue: Celebrations Dinner Theatre
|Event Date/Time: Oct 22, 2004||End Date/Time: Oct 22, 2004|
|Registration Date: Oct 21, 2004|
|Early Registration Date: Oct 03, 2004|
Dr. Stephen Sroka is an internationally recognized speaker, trainer, author, teacher and educational consultant on sex, drugs and violence education. Currently, he is an Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University and President of Health Education Consultants. Prior to this, Dr. Sroka worked in the Cleveland Public Schools for 30 years as a teacher and, also, as a member of the Crisis Response Team. Dr. Sroka has also been the recipient of the Outstanding School Health Educator Award from the American School Health Association, Walt Disney Outstanding Health Teacher of the Year, Inductee of the National Teachers Hall of Fame, and is the author of an Educator’s Guide to HIV/AIDS and Other STD’s. Dr. Sroka integrates cutting-edge research, humor and inspiring real-life stories to facilitate learning about student’s mental, emotional, social and physical health needs and issues.
Participants will learn how to:
· Identify cutting-edge research, trends and issues regarding children mental health and social and physical needs issues such as sex, drugs, and violence prevention.
· Identify and demonstrate effective methods and materials for prevention education, including mental, social and physical health.
· Examine the role of family, friends, faith as well as community-based collaborations and youth behavior.
· Appreciate and respect diversity and to help stop discrimination and hate.
· Discuss how and why healthy kids learn more and make better students.
· Reaffirm how you have the Power of One-Making a Difference.