9th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology - 2005 (9CEST - 2005)
Venue: Rhodes island
|Event Date/Time: Sep 01, 2005||End Date/Time: Sep 03, 2005|
|Abstract Submission Date: Dec 15, 2004|
|Paper Submission Date: Mar 31, 2005|
In view of the success of the previous Conferences dating back to 1989, the meeting aims to bring together engineers, scientists and other professionals from a number of different countries, involved in environmental research and development activities.
CONFERENCE MAIN SUBJECTS
The aim of the Conference is to identify and promote best practices in environmental resources management and planning, to present realistic scenarios and reliable economic analysis of environmental issues, to achieve a better understanding of environmental problems, and to seek their solution.
Priority will be given to the following areas:
* Global environmental change and ecosystems management,
* Water resources management and planning,
* Water quality issues,
* Air quality issues,
* Solid waste management, recycling and sustainability
We welcome abstracts of original work on any environmental issue including those related to the following topics:
* Environmental dynamics (meteorology, hydrology, geophysics)
* Environmental pollution (air, water, soil, noise, radiation, multi-media; sources, pathways, sinks and interactions between pollutants)
* Environmental sustainability (resources management & recycling; management of air, water and soil quality; environmental systems approach)
- Solid waste management
- Water supply and waste water treatment and reuse
* Global change (climate change, global warming, ozone layer depletion, human geography, deforestation, desertification)
* Ecological engineering (eco-technology, bio-engineering, habitat reconstruction, stream river and wetland restoration)
* Environmental restoration (ground water remediation, soil decontamination, hazardous landfill leachates)
* Environmental and occupational medicine
* Epidemiology and risk analysis
* Wastes (municipal, industrial, agricultural; management, treatment, control and disposal)
Each thematic session will be introduced by distinguished practitioners and scientists acting as keynote speakers.
Submission of abstracts: 15.12.2004
Provisional acceptance: 31.01.2005
Full paper submission: 31.03.2005
Paper review and final acceptance: 15.05.2005
The official conference languages are Greek and English.
Papers will be written in English for the inclusion in the proceedings, which are covered by ISI system.
REVIEW OF PAPERS – CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Papers will be provisionally accepted by the Scientific Committee on the basis of the abstracts. The full papers will be reviewed before final acceptance for presentation.
All accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings. We remind at this point that due to the quality of the presentations of the Conference the proceedings of the 7th and 8th CEST have been included in the major data banks of the international scientific community, such as ISI, Chemical Abstracts and SRCosmos.
Selected papers will also be considered (with the authors’ consent) for inclusion in a special issue of the “Global NEST: The International Journal”.
The 9th Conference on Environmental Science and Technology will take place in Rhodes Island, Greece.
Participants are encouraged to invite their families to enjoy the beautiful island of Rhodes.