|Event Date/Time: Mar 20, 2005||End Date/Time: Mar 27, 2005|
Participants should learn to...
* Identify the top 10 therapeutic classes by drug spending in the U.S. and implications to stakeholders.
* Discuss the clinical indications of the new pharmaceutical products approved by the FDA.
* Evaluate natural products – use, effectiveness and precautions specific for use in women’s health.
* Analyze the treatment guidelines for community-acquired pneumonia, hypertension and high cholesterol.
* Identify risk factors and quality indicators for preventable drug-related morbidity in older adults.
* Discuss the various types of decision analyses that can be conducted in pharmacoeconomics.
* Describe common sources for miscommunication in health care that can lead to potentially serious medical errors and ways to reduce such errors within the medication use system.