Food as Medicine 2005 (FAM2005)
Venue: Claremont Spa and Resort
|Event Date/Time: Jun 19, 2005||End Date/Time: Jun 25, 2005|
|Registration Date: Jun 19, 2005|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 15, 2005|
• To facilitate the introduction of clinical nutrition into mainstream medicine through an intensive seven-day training program.
• To present and critically evaluate current models of nutritional therapy.
• To develop a scientifically based approach to nutrition which can be used by physicians and other health professionals in treating patients and by faculty in teaching medical students and residents.
• To provide key elements of a nutrition curriculum and resources that educators can integrate into medical school and residency training.
• To present options for integrating nutritional therapies into a comprehensive clinical practice.
• To teach physicians and other health professionals to assess the nutritional status of patients; to recommend individualized diets; to answer questions about food and supplements; and to understand and support the psychological needs of patients changing their diets.
• To discuss how environmental and cultural issues affect nutrition.