WCBFs 2nd Annual Six Sigma for Financial Services
|Event Date/Time: Jun 21, 2005||End Date/Time: Jun 23, 2005|
|Registration Date: Jun 21, 2005|
|Early Registration Date: May 13, 2005|
Incorporating feedback from the 2004 event, WCBF’s 2nd Annual Financial Services conference guarantees to address the more mature deployment challenges in a beneficial networking environment.
The speaker panel provides the perfect balance of case study examples and deployment expertise to answer your most diverse training needs. Above all, the conference aims to be extensively interactive and participative as well as informative.
Hear from Leading Financial Services Providers and Pioneers of Six Sigma, including:
• Guillermo Kopp, Vice President, Financial Strategies and IT Investments, TOWERGROUP
• Raj Shroff, Vice President, Engineering & Planning, CITICARDS
• Joe McCartin, Chief Information Officer, NATIONAL CITY CORPORATION
• Joseph P. Linnehan, MBB, Deployment Director, THE VANGUARD GROUP
• Robert Shekell, SVP, Executive Director Global Services, ZC STERLING CORPORATION
• Dion Dunn, Vice President, Quality Management Officer, Six Sigma, NATIONAL CITY CORPORATION
and many more…
Listen to key presentations that aim to help you understand how to advance and maximize the value of Six Sigma and other Business Process Excellence models to meet your specific organization’s needs. Gain insight into practical user experiences of Six Sigma deployment and hear key presentations on:
• Business Process Improvement Trends in Financial Services
• Leadership Development and Six Sigma Talent Development
• Applying the Kano Model for Developing an Objective Based Performance Measurement and Incentive Plan
• Practical Applications of Experimental Design in a Transaction Based Environment
• Targeting and Improving your most Critical Core Processes
Plus! 90 minutes dedicated to SOFTWARE & TECHNOLOGY - Ask a leading Banking CIO questions about how to overcome resistance, build consensus for change, design a Six Sigma process to drive breakthroughs and implement a better management tracking and review system using relevant data.