World Nano-Economic Congress Singapore (WNEC Singapore)
Venue: Suntec Convention Center
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2005||End Date/Time: Sep 28, 2005|
|Registration Date: Sep 26, 2005|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 09, 2005|
The WNEC Singapore represents the sixth editon of this successful event series with previous event having been held in Washington, DC, London, UK, Munich Germany, Dublin, Ireland, and last year's Singapore event..
While other conferences have attempted to duplicate the model of the WNEC events, no other conferences have been able to bring together the comprehensive program that is the hallmark of the WNEC events with the world-renowned speakers that the WNEC has been able to attract to each of its conferences.
Past speakers include:
• Shimon Peres, Former Prime Minister of Israel and Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
• Richard E. Smalley, Nobel Prize Laureate for his co-discovery of the Buckyball
• Harold Kroto, Nobel Prize Laureate for his co-discovery of the Buckyball
• Rep. Mike Honda, Co-Sponsor of the Nanotechnology Act
• David L. Tennenhouse, Vice President, Corporate Technology Group, Director of Research, Intel
• Phil Bond, Undersecretary of Technology, US Department of Commerce
• Terry Lowe, Los Alamos National Laboratory
• Larry Bock, CEO, Nanosys
• Goran Lindahl, Co-Chairman, Nanomix and Board Member, DuPont, Sony, Ericsson
• Rodney Slater, Former Secretary of Transportation in the Clinton Administration
These are just a few of the some 300 speakers that have participated in WNEC events since their inaugural event in 2003.
Again, this year the conference program of the WNEC has been entirely developed by Cientifica—the leading consulting company on nanotechnology and its impact on industries worldwide. And, Cientifica has joined with the Economic Development Board of Singapore to ensure that the WNEC Singapore reflects the interests and aims of the Asian marketplace as it examines the role of nanotechnology in their businesses.