Unleash the Power within Data (UPWD) - A Data Mining Seminar for Corporations
Data mining is the process of discovering meaningful new correlations, patterns and trends by sifting through large amounts of data stored in repositories, using pattern recognition technologies as well as statistical and mathematical techniques. - Gartner Group .
Here is what Bill Gates says about Data Mining in his book ‘Business @ the Speed of Thought'
“Smart systems will shift people from non-thinking work to more productive activities. Data mining is defined and explored, including its importance in marketing and in determining pricing for both hard goods and financial industries. The powerful capabilities of data mining will help companies to be more profitable and efficient. PCs make data mining available to all companies at reasonable cost. This intelligent software won't replace people. A good knowledge worker will add value to the work of a computer.”
UPWD is a revolutionary seminar to introduce and build upon the state of art technologies, applications and tools available in the upcoming field of data mining. Special emphasis is paid on how data mining solutions can solve the needs of your company!
- Overview of Data Mining
- Identifying the business problem
- Preparing the data for mining.
- Model types and algorithms
- Analysis of important mining applications
- Building the model
- Data Mining product selection
- Demonstration of tools
The Seminar will involve:
- Powerpoint presentations
- Video conferencing
- Q&A sessions
- Case Studies
For detailed content and brochure Click here!
Date: 10th August 2005
Duration: 1 Day
Timings: 09:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m.
Venue: India Habitat Centre, Delhi
You should attend if
- You are Senior and Middle level executive and interested in learning how the upcoming technology of data mining can help you improve the current business model.
- You are an IT professional interested in learning a new technology.
- You are a finance executive and want to learn some specific applications of data mining in your industry.
- You are a HR associate and want to learn how data mining can be used to predict employee behavior and retention rate and make smarter decisions in hiring.
- You are a Project Manager/Senior executive designated to decide on product development and want to learn how data mining can help you make a decision on which product to pick.
- You are a marketing professional and want to apply data mining solutions to your sales and marketing campaigns
- You are an analyst and want to better understand how you could improve the quality and scope of your analysis using data mining
Data Warehouses and Data Mining techniques are becoming indispensable parts of business intelligence programs. Almost all the fortune 500 companies and many smaller companies use some form of data mining tools or strategies for one or more of their business functions.
Some companies and data mining applications
- Banks like HSBC for predicting charge-off by credit card holders.
- Insurance companies like Berkshire , State Farm for predicting fraudulent claims.
- Amazon.com for recommending books based on past history.
- Product development companies like Microsoft, IBM, Oracle for understanding the needs of their customers and tailoring their products.
- Online retailing websites like walmart.com for building special offers for their customers.
- Human Resource functions in companies like Capital One for predicting employee statistics and retention rate.
And many more….
Data Mining is being used in almost all functions like finance, product design and development, human resource, research, services, customer dynamics in several companies worldwide and is growing at an unparalleled rate. You cannot afford to miss out!
Mr. Anuj Khare -
- Bachelors in Computer Science (major in Data Mining and AI) from IIT Delhi
- Masters in Computer Engineering (major in Data Mining and Machine Learning) from University of Texas , Austin
Work Experience - Data Mining related
- XIRS Ventures Inc, Austin – Director and CEO. Involved designing and creation of an innovative XML based search engine.
- Iron Mountain, Boston – Worked as associate at this largest data archiving company involved building a semi-automated classification system for classifying documents that reduced the work time from 6 months to 2 weeks
- Capital One Financial Corp, Richmond – Worked as Data Analyst at Small Business Loans department. Work involved all sorts of data analysis for business development
- Capital One Auto Finance, Dallas – Worked as Business Analyst for marketing auto-loans to credit card customers using data mining techniques.
- HSBC San Diego - Worked as Senior Business Analyst for marketing auto-loans to customer via dealer channel.
- Freelancer, Delhi - Designed a Fiscal Fraud detector for LIC Corporation using classification data mining techniques
For a more detailed profile Click Here!
Dr. S.K. Gupta
Professor, Department of Computer Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi .
Data Mining Publications
- User Centric Mining of Association Rules - DDMI Workshop, PKDD 2000, Lyons ,France
- Intension Mining: A New Paradigm in Knowledge Discovery
- On the Tree Roots of Graph , International Journal of Mathematics
K-Means Clustering Algorithm for Categorical Attributes , DaWaK99 (Data
- Warehouse and Knowledge Discovery) , Florence , Italy
- Dominant Color Region Based Indexing for CBIR , ICIAP99 (International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing) , Venice , Italy
For details visit www.cse.iitd.ac.in/~skg
Mr. Rajat Khare -
- Bachelors in Computer Science (major in Data Mining and A.I.) from IIT Delhi
- Member of Data Mining group, IIT Delhi
Work Experience - Data Mining related
- XIRS Ventures Inc, Austin – Worked as Chief Technical Officer. Involved designing and creation of a number of products related to Data Mining
- Tabric Labs , Bangalore – Worked as a Project Lead. Designed a stock predicting software that mines news from web and then predicts direction of stocks
- CANT Research group, Belgium - worked as a programmer in CANT research group, Antwerp, Belgium. .
- Appin Knowledge Solutions, India-U.S.A- Director and CEO of Appin Knowledge Solutions which conducts training programs, workshops and seminars.
- Data Mining Group, IIT Delhi -Working on Intrusion Detection, Frequent Sub Graph Extraction and Fraud Detection
- Neutra- Neural System Traffic light system published in ISA journal, 2003
- Stock Broker P- published in Data Mining ,2004 ,Wessex University
For more details visit: Click Here!
1 person - Rs 2900/head
3 people - Rs 2500/head
6 people - Rs 2000/head
Unlimited entry from 1 company- Rs 50000 ( upto 50 people )
- Relevant Material
- A CD with course material, presentations and relevant tools
- Lunch and Snacks
Cash/Cheque/Demand Draft - in name of Infomedia India Limited
Via Phone: +91-11-52470224/25
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
| About Us | Services
| Clients |
Online Courses |
Cell | Projects
Map | Contact Us