Conference on Corporate Governance in Africa (AGR2005)
|Event Date/Time: Jul 22, 2005|
The Africagrowth Research in partnership with the Africa Centre for Investment Analysis at University of Stellenbosch Business School is organising a two-day stakeholders conference to discuss current trends and Africa/International best practices in corporate governance. The conference will take place on the 27th and 28th October 2005 at the Kopanong Hotel and Confernce Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa
Areas to be discussed will include:
• The NEPAD Peer Review Mechanism and its impact on Investment in Africa;
• Transparency and Accountability;
• Stakeholders Influence on governance structures;
• Impact of Shareholders Activism;
• Issues on disclosure requirements;
• Interactions between non-governmental governance structures and national regulatory bodies.
We have secured an expert panel of speakers and participants including governors, heads of governance and compliance officers, editors of the King report on corporate governance, auditors and accountants, lawyers and journalists.
At this early stage major institutions such as the Institute of Directors, Barclays Bank, and the APRM of Nepad are greatly represented.