Managing Long Term Conditions
|Event Date/Time: Oct 11, 2005||End Date/Time: Oct 11, 2005|
|Registration Date: Oct 11, 2005|
The introduction of nationwide initiatives including the National Service Frameworks and Expert Patient Programme, offer the opportunity and incentive to make a significant change to the care and management of these conditions. In order to achieve this improvement, PCTs and their partner organisations must develop a model of care tailored to the needs of their local population.
Succeeding in this challenge and delivering the 2008 PSA target together with implementing the NHS and Social Care long term conditions model will require radical service redesign and an integrated approach from all participants.
Attending this event will give you the opportunity to refine your own approach by considering best practice from organisations that have been working in local partnerships to develop innovative and proactive case management for patients with long term conditions.
Here are just a few of the many key issues which will be covered:
· Hear the latest policy on managing long term conditions
· Delivering better, more coordinated care through effective partnerships
· Predictive Case Finding - tools for PCTs to assess data and predict high risk patients
· Developing multi-disciplinary care teams with the skills mix to match the patient’s needs
· The role of the Community Matron in case management
· Setting up a nurse team in A&E to reduce hospital admissions
· Empowering the patient through self management
· Managing medicines for long term conditions